Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two More Postcard Designs

The two newest postcards were inspired by the 2004 song "The Butcher," which is from the Emblems album, and "Giving It All Away," from 2007's Last Light.

"The Butcher" is the first image that ever popped into my head, pushing me in the direction of this project. The song kind of haunts me and has brought me to near-tears before. In it, the cello sounds like a ghost. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's a relief to finally have it on paper.

Photobucket
"From under the covers he thought you whispered you want more." Words by Matthew Pond, copyright 2004 matt pond PA. Paper and ink collage by Courtney, copyright 2008 Quiet City.



Photobucket
Paper, ink and charcoal collage by Courtney, copyright 2008 Quiet City.

Photobucket

"Open up, let me out please. All I've ever wanted is to leave." Words by Matthew Pond, copyright 2007 matt pond PA.

1 comment:

Beth/Lilás said...

Oh, beautiful arts!"
Congratullations!