Wednesday, August 6, 2008

perfect timing

This post serves no other purpose than to say how excited I am about this afternoon.

With my husband's work schedule I haven't been able to do very many Quiet City things like I should be (but he's working so, so hard) so I've arranged with my mum for her to come and hang out with my son this afternoon after his nap so that I can work. It's raining again- no, I don't mind- and I had a long drive in it along the river earlier today. Despite the time of day, it's dark under all these rain clouds, and I hear cars splashing by in the puddles. This is a very very good day for me to be working.

I'm one of those annoying people who likes the rain. Sorry, all you sunshine people. These clouds are mine.

I also got a pretty piece of mail today and the timing could not have been better.

Be sure to check in with me later to see the collage that will come of the sketch I posted last week. Until naptime is over I'll be (gasp!) writing some more of my story because I'm going to be an author someday too.

So many hopes. Oh, these dreams.

xoxo

No comments: