Saturday, August 16, 2008

future stars

My husband helped me decide on which matt pond PA song lyrics to use next, as I only have six more postcards to go to complete my goal for this project. He chose the one from "Brooklyn Stars" (Several Arrows Later, 2005) because "it has stars in it."

We were just talking yesterday about how his first word as a baby was star and that the first time we talked, I (mostly-jokingly) asked him to marry me when he told me that.

I am hoping to get some work done on the design tomorrow but seeing as how we were driven away from the Balloon Festival today because of the rain, we'll probably spend some time there tomorrow.

I am excited about this card though! I love the song (are you shocked?) and I used to sing it to my son when he was a wee newborn. It was one of three songs that could calm him down in those early days. One was the silly bumblebee song I made up, one was "No Rain" by Blind Melon and then "Brooklyn Stars."

Happy Full Moon Weekend, dear ones!

xoxo Courtney Quiet City

No comments: