Monday, October 20, 2008

"We're choosing a path between the stars..."

I recently became a genius when I thought of what my family could dress as for Halloween this year.

Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies and has been since I first saw it when I was five years old. I want my son to be Toby on Halloween.
Photobucket


And I, of course, would be Sarah.
Photobucket


Which means only one thing, and it's brilliant: my husband would be Jareth the Goblin King.
Photobucket


Despite my deep love for Labyrinth and excitement at the idea of creating and wearing these costumes, my husband has declined to make these Halloween dreams come true. I keep asking though, and he keeps saying no.

Recently I thought to ask him why. His response required no contemplation: "Courtney? Maybe it's the spandex?"

Touche.

Tonight, although defeated, I brought it up again. This time he said, "Not to get your hopes up or anything, but where would we even wear these costumes?"

"It doesn't matter, as long as there are pictures," I told him.

Maybe some other year...

Photobucket

2 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

He's starting to crack. Start sewing now for next year! :)

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! It was a genius plan, I agree. You know I met a guy named Jareth, and I felt like a total dork when I said, "Like the goblin king?!" And he looked at me funny and said, "Actually, yes. My mom was pregnant when she and my dad saw Labyrinth in the theater." Then, with my quick math reflexes I said, "So you must be 21, since it came out in 1987." Jareth smiled big and said, "Very good." And we were friends. Ta da!

Stephanie