Friday, December 19, 2008

Last weekend's art show.

It's taken me a week to post about the art show, which means I have simply been catching my breath, going to bed at a reasonable hour, and hanging out with my son. But here are some of the photos from last Saturday.

This is in the last twenty-four hours before the show, tending to the details of my small items:

Gift tags, cut from scrapbook papers upcycled from the leftovers of my wedding invitations. (Yes I have saved that paper for almost three years.)
Photobucket

I also labeled 200 hundred more postcards, just in case. This is my list of songs and their dates, so the labels go on the right cards.
Photobucket

This is twelve of the 19 ornaments I displayed at the gallery, all tagged and ready to hang on display. They are decoupaged in upcycled gift tissue paper, illustrations from vintage and foreign children's books and National Geographic maps.
Photobucket

Then, at Captive Elements Art House:

Being a featured artist for the month means I got this whole wall for my stuff, PLUS a table, PLUS my tree!
Photobucket

And I took a better picture of my cello than the last one I posted.
Photobucket

In this picture, my little (much taller) brother pretends he wants to be in a picture with his dorky big (significantly shorter) sister.
Photobucket

That's better.
Photobucket

Ornaments on the tree in the gallery.
Photobucket

The ornament my parents bought.
Photobucket

Later, at home, my husband took pictures of me in the most relaxed state I had been in for weeks.
Photobucket

And I was finally able to let my hair down.
Photobucket

Quiet City will still be at Captive Elements in the "Bringing It All Together" exhibit until January 15! You know, if you don't have any other plans. Hint, hint. Wink, wink. Call the gallery for hours: 207-786-3606.

ALSO, on Saturday, December 20, Captive Elements will be offering all of their archive art at 25% off. Five days before Christmas, this is the perfect opportunity to surprise someone with a meaningful and local gift for the holidays, at a more affordable price.

ALSO SQUARED, on Sunday, December 21, I celebrate my birthday! And the first official day of winter. We're doin' it up true Maine style with a Nor'easter and everything!

Thanks for everyone's support and kind words about my show. I appreciate it in the truest of ways.

xoxo

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful pictures and I love the two pics from you and your brother.

And we would love to have been there, but you know that.

Anonymous said...

Courtney, I'm so proud of you. I really enjoyed your 1st. art show. And to think, this evening, Christmas eve marks the anniversary of the day we brought you home from the hospital in a giant Christmas stocking. Here you are now all grown up and so wonderful and creative.
I love you.xo
Mom xo